Auto Insurance

At Generations Agency, your safety on the road and protection of what’s most important to you are among our top priorities. Based on state requirements and your specific driving needs, we can provide you with customized coverage that will go the distance.New York requires motorists to purchase an insurance policy with at least $25,000 per person/$50,000 per occurrence and $10,000 of property damage coverage for any one accident in order to register and operate a vehicle in the state. While minimum limits help all state residents by providing basic coverage, each person has different needs.A serious, at-fault accident—combined with high costs of medical care and new-vehicle prices—can quickly use up the liability limits of an insurance policy. We make all of our clients aware of this danger, along with the benefits of higher liability limits. We gather as much information as we can, then draft the right policy that adequately covers you, your family and your vehicle.Click on the links below for a quick overview.


Bodily Injury Liability

You must have the state-required minimum in place, but may want to consider additional coverage to cover a possible lawsuit that might occur as a result of injuring another party during an accident.

Medical Payments & PIP (Personal Injury Protection)

Coverage for treatment of injury of the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car. This may also cover medical payments, lost wages and/or the cost of replacing services provided by someone injured in an accident, and additional expenses.

Property Damage Liability

Coverage pays for damage you (or someone driving the car with your permission) may cause to someone else’s property. This usually means damage to someone else’s car, but it also includes damage to other structures your automobile may have hit.

Comprehensive Coverage

This coverage provides reimbursement for damage caused to your automobile by events other than collision. Damages covered include, but are not limited to, fire, theft, flood and vandalism. Contact with a deer or other animal is a comprehensive loss. This coverage also pays for damage to glass. Window glass is often written with no deductible.


Coverage pays for damage to your automobile resulting from a collision. This is generally sold with a $100-$1,000 deductible. Even if you are at fault for the accident, your collision coverage will reimburse you for the costs of repairing your car, less the deductible. If you are not at fault, your insurance company may try to recover the amount they paid you from the other driver’s insurance company. If they are successful, you will also be reimbursed for the deductible.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

This protective coverage will provide you with added insurance should a driver that is involved in an accident with you not have insurance or adequate coverage for damages. This coverage also provides for protection in the instance of a hit-and-run driver who collides with your vehicle or if you are hit as a pedestrian.